As a member of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT, you are part of a network 1,600 organizations strong. We welcomed 170 new members in 2019. Thousands of representatives from these organizations— businesses, healthcare, education, nonprofits—connect across the region through the Chamber.
Across the country people know to turn to the Chamber of Commerce for information about a community. As a regional Chamber, we offer visitors, prospective employees, developers, startups, and business leaders a gateway to engage in eastern Connecticut. Our website reflects the breadth of information available to these different audiences—businesses, residents and visitors—while acting as a resource for our members as well.
So, how do you make the most of your Chamber membership? Here are few quick tips.
- Employees are entitled to member benefits.They can attend events and workshops at Chamber member rates and enjoy member to member discounts. Young Professionals of Eastern CT is a great way to engage and develop employees early in their career.
- Login to the member portal. Member login is on the top menu bar of our website. Here you can share your news, connect on a social network, post jobs, register to attend events, and update your company information.
- Use us to promote your business. Be sure you are sharing the most relevant, up-to-date information about your organization. Our website draws over 66,000 views a year. People reference our business directory and we receive calls from people looking for services in the area. Advertising opportunities are a great value.
- Attend Chamber events to make valuable connections. Grow your business by growing your network. You will gain perspectives on the region, the business climate, and opportunities to partner with other organizations.
- Engage with Chamber staff. Share your stories with us, so we can be your link to the region. We seek venues for events, write profiles on local businesses, and organize several “Fam Tours” which familiarize tourism industry professionals with regional attractions and businesses.
- Keep up to date with the Voice, eNews and Chamber blog for the latest on regional issues, Chamber events, and member and benefactor news.
Follow the blog to learn more about how ChamberECT creates opportunities to promote, learn and network. Reach out our staff if you would like to discuss how you can make your membership work for you.
Not a member yet? No problem! Membership Managers Jane Davis and Gary Rogers can help you sign up and begin enjoying all these benefits. Join the chamber at ChamberECT.com or call 860-701-9113.