Ribbon cutting celebrations are a FREE service offered to our Chamber members. They are an excellent way to connect with the local business community, meet your legislators, and gain exposure.
When to have a ribbon cutting:
- Grand Opening, including New Additional Location (within the first 6 months of operation)
- Relocation of Business
- Business Under New Ownership
- Grand Re-Opening, Relaunch, or Renovation Reveal
- Milestone Anniversary
- Addition of Significant Program/Offering
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Phone: (860) 701-9113
To make your ceremony a success, the Chamber will:
- List your event on www.ChamberECT.com
- Announce in our weekly eNews, which reaches over 6,000 individuals.
- Submit event information to the local media. Please note, the Chamber cannot guarantee media coverage.
- Local and state legislators will be invited to attend and make remarks. Please note, the Chamber cannot guarantee their attendance.
- List your event in our Voice printed newsletter, if enough advance notice is given.
- Chamber staff will be on site to with ribbon, scissors, a framed certificate, and a camera to capture this historic occasion. A staff person will facilitate the entire ceremony for you, including introductions to VIPs and other Chamber members.
- Photos of the event will be shared on the Chamber’s social media, and as space allows, featured in our print marketing. The best photos can be made available to you for your own marketing as well.
Steps to Prepare for Your Event:
- Contact the Chamber Program and Event Manager to secure a date and time. Weekdays are strongly recommended; staff coverage cannot be guaranteed on a weekend.
- Once a date is agreed upon, provide the Chamber with event details, including the cause for celebration, a brief description (2-3 sentences) of the business, and any event highlights such as refreshments, raffles, etc.
- Think about your event logistics, including where the ribbon cutting will take place, parking arrangements, and what you’d like to say during your remarks.
- Invite as many people as you can. Reach out to family, friends, clients, and other personal contacts who have supported your business endeavor.
Tips for Success
- Try to avoid scheduling over any significant regional events. The Chamber can help you choose the best available date.
- Consider offering samples of your product or service to turn guests into clients. Also, a free drawing is a great way to collect contact information while rewarding attendees for coming.
- Most ribbon cutting ceremonies include free light refreshments, especially when held during or surrounding a typical meal time. Some also include entertainment of some kind, but these features are entirely up to you.
- Consider advertising. While not necessary, the Chamber has a variety of low-cost options, and can connect you with our member newspapers, radio stations, and more.
- You know your contacts best. Reach far and wide with your invitations.
- Enjoy the event! Connect with guests and introduce them to your business. You love it and so will they.
After the Ribbon Cutting:
Continue to be active in the Chamber and promote your business! We have a wide variety of networking and educational events, and many low-cost advertising avenues.