This season employee gifts, recognition, or giveaways can celebrate shopping local, too. Local shops, restaurants, arts venues, and personal services offer gift cards, fun experiences, and special offers that are great ways to show your appreciation for your employees this very unusual holiday season.
Here are some fun ideas for employee gifts:
Especially Eastern CT
Local shopping = local flavor. Embracing community will be a hallmark of this holiday season, and you can support small businesses with gifts from specialty shops. Shop from your computer and pick up a basket of goodies ready to give.
- Orchard’s Bounty: From the fresh to the fermented, Holmberg Orchards serves up apples in a pie, hard cider, or even wine—though the choices don’t stop there.
- Naturally Good: FarmTrue creates organic ghee, self-care and lifestyle products in North Stonington.
- Sea-sonal Gifts: Nautically themed gifts are knot hard to find at Mystic Knotwork—ornaments, home décor, bracelets, and even a dog toy for the office mascot.
- Best Brewers: Beer’d Brewing and Willimantic Brewing Company
- Winning Wines: Jonathan Edwards Winery, Maugle Sierra Vineyards, Preston Ridge Vineyard, Saltwater Farm Vineyard, Stonington Vineyard
- Eclectic Adventure: Hand-crafted treasures and unique collections fill dozens of shops at Old Mistick Village.
Many more fun local shops are listed in the Chamber directory.
A Night Out or In
Everyone appreciates a fine meal, either dining out or snuggling in. Give employees a gift card a great local restaurant from the Chamber directory.
A Day Out…All Year Long
Memberships to museums and attractions last all year and remind your employees to explore and recharge on days off.
- Artistic Flair: Florence Griswold Museum, Lyman Allyn Museum, Mystic Museum of Art, Slater Memorial Museum
- Trip to the past: Avery-Copp House, Mystic Seaport Museum, Custom House Maritime Museum
- The Natural World: Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center and Coogan Farm, Mystic Aquarium
Many of these venues have fantastic gift shops as well! See more attractions.
A Day of Pampering
Not that the workplace is stressful…but a day of rest and relaxation is a welcome gift anytime. Recognize your shining star employees with a gift certificate to one of our many local spas and salons.
- The Spa at Norwich Inn includes a gift for you when you purchase a gift card starting at $250 to $1,000, from an additional $25 card to an overnight stay with dinner.
- Saybrook Point Resort & Marina offers spa packages that ensure a full day of delight.
- Fresh Men Spa Lounge caters to the gents with services designed for them.