Mission of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Scholarship Program: To enhance and enrich education and economic opportunities for the region’s rising workforce by providing financial assistance to promising high school seniors in the Chamber service area.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to further his or her educational or career goals by attending a two- or four- year college or technical, vocational, or apprenticeship program.
- Applicant must demonstrate academic persistence and dedicated service to his or her local community.
- Applicant must reside or attend high school within the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT service area.
- The deadline for the 2023 scholarship is May 7, 2023, 11:30 pm. Applications received after May 7, 2023 will not be considered.
- Parent/Guardians’ combined Adjusted Gross Income for tax year 2022 must not exceed $125,000
- No officer, director, manager or trustee of the Foundation or Chamber, nor any substantial contributor, along with each of their family members, are eligible for the scholarship grants.
The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Board of Directors selects up to 4 Scholarship recipients based on a variety of criteria including academic persistence, community involvement and service, career interest, and financial need. All applicants will be notified in writing of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation’s decision. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT reserves the right to publicize the names and images of scholarship recipients through our website, digital and social media, print publications and local media.
Scholarship checks will be sent directly to the recipient’s college or vocational program to fund the recipient’s educational and career goals. The recipient will be responsible for providing the relevant contact information for their school.
Please tell us about yourself, specifically your educational and career interests, and your intent to pursue your career goals for the civic, social, and/or community betterment of eastern Connecticut.
You will be required to upload the following documents during your application.
- Copy of Transcript
- List of community service activities
- Essay response to the prompt above
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship or application please call the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT at (860) 701-9113.