Mission of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Scholarship Program: To enhance and enrich education and economic opportunities for the region’s rising workforce by providing financial assistance to promising high school seniors in the Chamber service area.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to further his or her educational or career goals by attending a two- or four- year college or technical, vocational, or apprenticeship program.
- Applicant must demonstrate academic persistence and dedicated service to his or her local community.
- Applicant must reside or attend high school within the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT service area.
- The deadline for the 2021-22 scholarship is May 15, 2021, 11:59 pm. Applications received after May 15, 2020 will not be considered.
- Parent/Guardians’ combined income must be less than $125,000.
- No officer, director, manager or trustee of the Foundation or Chamber, nor any substantial contributor, along with each of their family members, are eligible for the scholarship grants.
The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Board of Directors selects 4 Scholarship recipients based on a variety of criteria including academic persistence, community involvement and service, career interest, and financial need. All applicants will be notified in writing of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation’s decision. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT reserves the right to publicize the names and images of scholarship recipients through our website, digital and social media, print publications and local media.
Scholarship checks ($1,250 each) will be sent directly to the recipient’s college or vocational program to fund the recipients educational and career goals. The recipient will be responsible for providing the relevant contact information for their school.
You will be required to upload the following documents during your application.
– Copy of Transcript
– 2018 1040 Tax Return
– List of community service activities
– Essay response to the following prompt: Please describe your career interests and your intent to pursue your career in eastern Connecticut. Essay should be 300-500 words.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship or application please call the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT at (860) 701-9113.